The Hardy Bougle Raised Pillar fly reel is a true classic. Released in 2013 to mark the 110th anniversary of the design, modern materials and techniques have taken this reel to new heights. Features like the rolling pillar, reversible click check, bushing and spindle crafted from naval brass make this a true classic. Built by the craftsmen in Alnwick, England to exacting standards, the hand polished, deep anodised “pearl silver” finish is timeless. Nothing says “Classic” like a Hardy reel’s purr with a big fish on. Ships Free!!
“What list of “perfect things” would be complete without a Hardy Perfect reel? The Hardy Bouglé (pronounced BOOG-lay) is a variation of the original Perfect that was produced at the request of Louis Bouglé, a French cyclist, inventor, angler, and competition caster. The original Bouglé was built in Alnwick, England from 1903 to 1939, and this newer version is made in the same shop by Hardy craftsmen.” Ross Purnell, Editor of Fly Fisherman
- Sweet sounding, wide ranging check system
- Naval brass bush and spindle
- Deep anodised bar stock aluminium in Pearl Silver finish
- Easily changed from left- to right-hand wind
- Spools interchangeable with Bouglé Mk VII, VI, V & IV
- Supplied with Hardy Bros. soft leather, sheepskin lined reel pouch